The International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics has published a special supplement about the Leadership in Obstetrics and Gynecology for Impact and Change (LOGIC) initiative. This initiative was launched by the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) to build capacity for their members in Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Ethiopia, India, Mozambique, Nepal, Nigeria, and Uganda.
This supplement documents the major achievements of the completed programme in a series of articles, including:
- Emerging lessons from the FIGO LOGIC initiative on maternal death and near-miss reviews by Gwyneth Lewis
- Guidelines and tools for organizing and conducting maternal death reviews by Vincent De Brouwere, Véronique Zinnen, Thérèse Delvaux, & Robert Leke
- Training health professionals in conducting maternal death reviews by Vincent De Brouwere, Véronique Zinnen, Thérèse Delvaux, Philip Njotang Nana,& Robert Leke
- Improving maternity care in Ethiopia through facility based review of maternal deaths and near misses by Yirgu Gebrehiwot & Birukkidus T. Tewolde
- Every death counts: Electronic tracking systems for maternal death review in India by Chittaranjan Purandare, Ajey Bhardwaj, Manisha Malhotra, Himanshu Bhushan, & Paramanand Keshavlal Shah